This book presents a one stop source of Brian Mulligan’s Mobilisation With Movement (MWM) management approach for musculoskeletal pain injury and disability that integrates evidence base into clinical practice. The material is presented in a way that is accessible both to the student practitioner and advanced practitioner of musculoskeletal healthcare.
• a systematic review of the evidence for the technique’s efficacy
• a review of the current state of Mulligan’s ‘positional fault hypothesis’
• a new model of the mechanisms by which Mobilisation with Movement works
• demonstrates the clinical application of Mobilisation with Movement through twelve cases by leading practitioners
• more advanced aspects of the clinical application are developed and critiqued, including guidelines on dosage and troubleshooting options
• the accompanying DVD demonstrates techniques from the text and features Brian Mulligan